Digicame-Info has leaked more info on the upcoming Nikon 1 J2 compact system camera. It is rumoured to be released during Photokina 2012.
The specifications of the Nikon 1 J2 are:
- 10.15 million pixel sensor, CX format (2.7 x when compared to 35mm full frame), built-in image plane phase difference AF
- JPEG image processing engine EXPEED3
- ISO: 100-3200 can be extended to 6400
- Electronic shutter speed of 1/16000 till 30 seconds, Bulb Mode
- 10 seconds continuous shooting frames per second
- Video resolution of the Nikon 1 J2 of 1920×1080 60i, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MOV file format
- Support of SD / SDHC / SDXC memory cards
- 920,000 dot LCD monitor type 3
- camera size of 106mm x 61mm x 29.8mm
- weight of the camera (body only) is of 237 grams, (including battery, SD memory card) 280 grams
- Total of eight creative modes available (miniature effect, select color, soft, easy panorama, Backlight, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, four exposure modes to choose)
- Retail price of 70,000 yen
Besides releasing the Nikon 1 J2 compact system camera, Nikon is expected to release as well a new kit lens a 11-25mm F3.5-5.6 lens that will be more compact compared to existing 10-30mm kit lens and will have a retail price of 25,200 yen.
This upcoming Nikon 1 camera will be available in at least 2 colors: black and white.
The Nikon 1 J2 will also have as an accessory a water proof case, water resistant up to 40 meters depth and retailing for a price of 77,700 yen.
Link to news source on leaked details of the Nikon 1 J2 compact system camera.